High Definition printing delivers the highest image quality layered on the highest functioning cards. HDP Film fuses to the surface of proximity and smart cards, conforming to ridges and indentations formed by embedded electronics.
Versatility meets simplicity.
Colors are vibrant. Images are crisp. Quality is second to none. ID cards printed on FARGO HDP5000 Card Printer/Encoders do more than protect your organization — they reflect its pride. HDP5000 produces ID cards with the highest image quality available. By printing a reverse image on the underside of HDP® Film, then fusing the film to the card surface, the HDP5000 creates an image quality that looks more like a sharp glossy photo than an ordinary ID badge.
Printing on film instead of directly on the card means that the uneven surface of technology cards doesn’t compromise image quality. The HDP5000 can print up to the edge of smart chip contacts, and over the edge of the card.
Print Method: HDP Dye-Sublimation / Resin Thermal Transfer
Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm)
Colors: Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
Print Speed (batch mode):
• 26 seconds per card / 138 cards per hour (YMC with transfer)*
• 32 seconds per card / 113 cards per hour (YMCK with transfer)*
• 47 seconds per card / 77 cards per hour (YMCKK with transfer)*
• 37 seconds per card / 97 cards per hour
(YMCK with transfer and dual-sided, simultaneous lamination)*
• 55 secon ds per card / 65 cards per hour
(YMCKK with transfer and dual-sided, simultaneous lamination)*
Accepted Standard Card Sizes: CR-80 (3.370˝ L x 2.125˝ W / 85.6 mm L x 54 mm W)
Accepted Card Thickness: .030˝ (30 mil) to .050˝ (50 mil) / .762 mm to 1.27 mm
Input Card Cartridge Capacity: 100 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)
Output Hopper Card Capacity: 200 cards (.030˝ / .762 mm)
Software Drivers: Windows® XP / Server 2003 / Vista (32 & 64 bit) / Server 2008 (32 & 64 bit) / 7 (32 & 64 bit); Mac OS X v10.4 / v10.5; and Linux***
Print Area: Over-the-edge on CR-80 cards
• Printer - Two years including one year of free printer loaner support (U.S. only); optional Extended Warranty Program (U.S. only)
• Printhead - Lifetime; unlimited pass
• Card lamination module – single-sided or dual-sided (simultaneous)
• Smart card encoding (contact/contactless)
• Dual-sided printing
• Door and cartridge locks
• Printer cleaning kit
• Magnetic stripe encoding
• iCLASS® Programming Platform Kit
• Secure Proprietary Consumables System
• Custom Secure Holographic HDP Film and Overlaminate
FARGO Workbench Diagnostic Utility with Color Assist spot-color matching